As we know, Selenium is automation testing tool. Automation means system perform the user actions over the web application.
To perform the action on the web application(like – click on a button), We need to know the location of web element on the web page. To find out that location we use tools like firebug, firepath.
So the use of firebug is to find or create the locator for web element on the particular web page.
What is Firebug
If you liked this video, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more video tutorials.
Steps to install Firebug. Firebug is a Firefox add-on. So we can configure this with Firefox. Let’s see how can we install the firebug in Firefox-
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Click on setting icon. (Top-Right icon in your browser) or press Ctrl+Shift+A
3. Now click in a search bar and type “Firebug“, click search icon.
4. Now click on the “Install” button, present for firebug.
5. Firebug is installed in your browser. To launch the Firebug press “F12” or click on the Firebug icon.
6. Firebug should launch at the bottom of Firefox as shown below.
Install FirePath in Firefox
To create the x-path(will discuss it later) we need fire path. It will create the x-path of web element automatically.
Firebug is the prerequisite for the Firepath. Firepath works with the firebug. Install file path-
1. Open the Mozilla firefox browser.
2. Go to Given URL- Click Here!
3. Click on the Button “+Add to Firefox“.
4. After this click on the “Install” button.
5. To see the successful installation of Firepath, launch the firebug.
So we have configured, FireBug and Firepath , In next tutorials we will see how we can use these tools to find out the web element location and how these helps us to write down the selenium script.